As autumn arrives and in the northern hemisphere we begin to settle in for for the colder seasons, it's a nice time to start baking and meal prepping again. Our lovely friend Heather Pace at Sweetly Raw put together a simple, fun, and delicious dessert recipe that's easy to prepare - something we all need right now! - and works perfectly as a Halloween treat.
Summer Harvest Matcha Rice Crispy Squares
Vegan - Gluten Free
1 x 10 oz bag vegan marshmallows
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
4 1/2 - 5 cups rice crisps1 tablespoon DōMatcha® Summer Harvest, plus extra for dusting
- Fit an 8x8" or 9x9" pan with greased parchment paper.
- Add the marshmallows and coconut oil to a large pot and slowly melt them over low/medium heat, stirring constantly to help it combine and avoid burning on the bottom. This takes 6-7 minutes.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add the rice crisps and matcha into the pot. Stir to combine. Use 4 1/2 cups crisps for a more gooey marshmallow or 5 cups for a more crispy one.
- Press the combined mixture evenly into the pan, but do not press too hard in order to keep them soft once they set. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour to set. Slice into squares. Dust with extra matcha. Store in a container at room temperature.
- You can easily get a little more creative with these to make them Halloween-themed - try adding some black and orange drizzle on top, or decorate with cubed dried orange-coloured fruit, like apricots.